Sometimes all you need is a flick of a brush, the right earrings & a bit of gloss …
to go from ho-hum to WOW!
Then again, sometimes all you need is a square of fabric, a rubber band , twine & a bit of moss to do the same.
Let me show you how to upscale a grocery store plant to floral shop lovely in less than 5 minutes.
How to Makeover a Grocery Store Plant
Here is the before: lavender from Trader Joe’s in an awful pot with garish plastic wrap.
That’s okay ’cause we can make this pot over in 5 minutes.
This is what you need:
- a square of fabric about 14″ x 14″ for a 6′ pot
- a rubber band
- twine or ribbon
- a bit of moss
This is what you need to do:
- cut the plastic wrap down to the edge of the pot
- place pot in center of fabric
- gather fabric around the pot
- secure fabric with a rubber band
- fold fabric back from plant & tuck under rubber band
- fluff & fix as you like
- nestle in a bit of moss
- wrap twine or ribbon around a few times & tie
I bought 6 of these & made them all over in under 30 minutes. I love the way they look tucked in all around the house and the scent is lovely too!
For under $5.00 each I have a very pretty pots of lavender for me or for gifts.
The key is the rubber band. It keeps the fabric from flopping over & exposing the plastic. So don’t skip that step.
These are so quick to make, you’ll have time to spare for that gloss!
** Kelly **
… if you liked this grocery store makeover bet you’ll like this one too.