I had quite a shock!
Hopping in the car yesterday, I caught a glance in the rear view mirror
“I am turning grey”!!
I reached up to touch what was vibrant red and saw a poof of dust float from my head.
Phew – plaster dust!
Of course, as it is swirling about us getting in to every nook & cranky and strand.
With great relief, I drove on – but I began thinking of the dust that won’t be flying in our house this holiday season.
No flour dust. No kitchen = no cookies, no pies – at least not made by me.
I made a pie right before we moved – an attempt at holiday pie credit I guess.
It was really delicious. I took photos so I could share it with you.
So glad the plaster dust remind me of flour dust, so I remembered to share this delicious apple pie recipe with you!
If you give a blogger plaster dust, she’ll remember the pie she made & give you the recipe, sorta thing…
Apple Pie with Rosemary recipe
Yup, with rosemary. It adds depth & dimension to the usual apple pie. Makes it more earthy & less cloying sweet.
Convinced yet? You will be after you have a bite. So make one – I can’t, so you should…for me!
No, not for me ~ for you & yours. Here is what you need to have & do…
- 2 lbs of gala & 2 lbs of granny smith apples
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- peel & cut apples into 1/2 inch pieces
- toss apples with cinnamon, sugars, nutmeg & rosemary
- cut butter into slices
- place bottom crust in pie pan
- fill with apples & sprinkle with butter slices
- top with crust & pinch together
- if not a lattice top, make a four inch slit for the steam to escape
- bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes – until crust is golden
- if crust begins to brown too deeply before time has elapsed cover loosely with foil & continue to bake
You probably already have your own pie crust recipe. If not here is a good one. Also, no shame in a pre-made pie dough for goodness sake!
Here is great one to try – Organic home baked pie dough. You can shape it for a home made look, but save oodles of time. Fill, shape & bake!
You may have seen in Instagram that my stove left for an extended at the Antique Stove Hospital. So I am cooking vicariously thru you.
Time to shake & bake!
What is your favorite pie – after you make my Apple pie with Rosemary it will be your fav, so I guess the question is really what is your second favorite pie? 😉
** Kelly **