Breakfast is served early around here.
One of our girls starts school at 7 am!
I understand that they aren’t ready for a farmer’s breakfast that early, but they need to get in some good stuff & protein for that long of a day.
So I came up with my Apple Quick Bread with protein recipe.
I sprinkle in a scoop of protein powder, along with the eggs and other ingredients to give them a slice of something good to eat in the morning. Sometimes, this slice even gets eaten in the car on the way, but it gets eaten!
This apple quick bread is delicious anytime of the day. I love it with my endless cups of tea and have even served it with whipped cream & sautéed apples for dessert.
If breakfast is challenging at your house, or if you simply love the taste of fall in a quick bread, whip up a few loaves.
Here is what you need & what you need to do…
Apple Quick Bread with Protein
- 3 peeled & diced apples
- 1 scoop of protein powder vanilla or plain
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 & 1/2 cup veggie or olive oil ~ or 1 & 1/2cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pre heat oven to 325 degrees
- peel & dice apples
- put apples, a tablespoon of the sugar and water on low simmer
- simmer apples until tender but not mushy ~ about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile… in a medium bowl combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, soda & salt
- sift dry mixture
- in a large bowl combine oil or sauce, eggs, remaining sugar & vanilla
- add dry mixture to wet & mix a bit
- add sautéed apples and mix until all combined
- bake until knife comes out clean ~ about 45 minutes to an hour depending on size of pans & oven
this recipe makes 2 – 3 loaves
I even enjoy this quick bread better a day or so after I make it. I know that for sure as I am eating a slice right now ~ day 2. I think this is the first time I am eating a recipe I am blogging about while I am typing!
The flavors meld into delicious bites of ‘fall’. So even though it is a “quick” bread – you can relax & savor it. Freezing a loaf is also a great idea.
Looking around the web, I see I am not alone in finding breakfast during the school year a challenge. Have a look here for ideas on making breakfast faster & easier and here for other on the go breakfast recipes.
Yes…a trip to my hometown! Three days, two nights, $500 mad money, dinner & a Broadway show. Even if you have entered already you can enter again – once a day everyday! Remember me when you win – it is a trip for TWO!!
If you missed these fantastic give aways earlier this week here are the posts so you can get more details. $500 Grocery Gift Card ~ Trip to New York City. Why not enter, it is easy & you never know ~ you could be the winner !
** Kelly **
This post was sponsored by eBay, but all opinions, recipes & picky eaters are my own.