Thinking of Going Faux – Installing Artificial Grass? Here are questions you should ask yourself & a faux grass professional.
- How long do I plan to stay in the place I am considering the grass for? (If less then 7 years, may not be worth the investment, but other factors come into play.)
- Can I DIY install it?
- How much water, time & energy can I save?
- How important is the look of my lawn?
Ask a professional:
- Cost per foot?
- How do they install? ( need at least 3-4 inches of under layer )
- What is the minimum number of seams possible for my yard?
- What is the guarantee?
- What is the expected lifespan?
- Request samples!! ( do NOT order faux grass without seeing, touching & stepping on a sample )
- Once a sample is selected – How many blades per square inch?
- Are the blades of different heights?
- Is there any color variation in the blades?
That should cover all you need to know to make your decision.
If you go faux, I hope you are as happy with your decision as we have been.
** Kelly **