We can’t make cold snowmen where we live.
But we can make these adorable bottle snowmen…well, actually snow people.
Love making these, especially gluing on their little faces & accessories ~ each one takes on a different personality as you are creating.
Want to make some too?
- 2 inch styrofoam ball
- small bottle about 4 -5 inches tall
- sparkly snow from the craft store
- small hole punch
- black & orange paper
- scraps of fabric, pom poms etc for the ‘outift’
- bells, tinsel, bottle brush tree etc for inside the bottle
- Imagine the look of your snow person
- choose material for inside bottle & accessories
- place items inside the bottle, set aside
- spread a thin layer of glue over the styrofoam ball & let dry
- hole punch black paper for eyes & mouth & cut thin long triangle for nose
- glue face on – smile back at your snowman – let dry
- spread another thin layer of glue over the face & head & roll again in sparkly snow
- let dry
- firmly press head into bottle neck to make indent
- put glue in indent & place on top of bottle – let dry
- dress your snowman with a hat, scarf, earmuffs etc.
- admire your creation!
For all my snow people I used scraps and bits & bobs I had on hand. I keep jars of this sort of stuff, cause you just don’t know when you’ll need a bit of felt, ribbon, tarnished bells, sparkly tinsel & more.
I am kind of a magpie that way.
For the angel I cut a piece of cardboard into a heart, covered it with a grain sack scrap & bent a silver pipe cleaner to make her halo.
I made the plaid one’s earmuffs by cutting a pom pom in half.
Just let your imagination run with what you have on hand to create your own ~ repurpose & recycle. Something special from just about nothing ~ LOVE that!
Another plus, these snowmen don’t melt!
** Kelly **
Linking up at Found & Foraged