Imagine a world without flowers…
Just for a second or two ’cause it is a terrible thought.
I thought that yesterday as I was creating this arrangement.
read on to see how to make a similar one
Then I thought with all my heart how thankful I am for flowers.
Phew, flowers ! Thinking thankful thoughts about them made me feel good.
Then, I thought about lots of the seemingly small things that I encounter everyday that I am thankful for…
Adding these little things up in my head made me feel pretty great.
As the holiday season ( sometimes the holiday hurried madness ) comes upon us, I am going to keep thinking of the small things, the everyday things, that I am thankful for having in my life.
Giving quiet thanks for the little things helps with the rush of everyday living. Slows it down just long enough.
This is not to say I am skipping around all day giving thanks. There are complaints, grumbles, annoyances and all that, but I am trying.
So here is a list of 5 little things that I thought of today that I am thankful for ~ How about you add one of yours in a comment…
- that I start each day with a warm cup of tea in my kitchen
- that my husband is a math wiz so can help our 11th grader – those equations make me dizzy
- that my dog has a face that melts my heart
- that my car has seat warmers ( I know I live in CA, but I like a warm seat! )
- that my strawberry plants are still pumping out sweet berries
Those little things made my life sweeter in the last 24 hours and I am thankful for the sweetener.
What little sweeteners are you thankful for? Think of one & share it with us in a comment.
These flowers (which started the whole thing! ) are sweetening up my dining room, so I’ll tell you how to get the same look.
Floral Centerpiece with Pears
A single centerpiece is nice, but a cluster of vases of differing heights clustered on a tray or a special cloth creates the wow factor a solo vase just can’t muster.
$18 worth of flowers, a bag of pears and about 15 minutes resulted in this floral centerpiece with pears. ( imagine what it would cost in a florist? Ok, add this one “thankful for TJ’s flowers! )
What you need:
- 4 – 5 bunches of flowers ( mine from Trader Joes )
- 3 or 5 pears
- wooden chop sticks or other sturdy straight sticks
- a scissor & small knife
- 3 vases of differing heights
- a tray or cloth as the base
What you need to do:
- arrange the flowers so the vases look good from all sides – go here for step by step directions
- carefully make a small slit in the bottom of the pears with small knife
- insert chop stick firmly in the slit in the pear
- if the stick isn’t long enough tape two together with masking or painters tape
- add pears on sticks to the largest arrangement – use an odd # 3 or 5
- cluster vases on your tray or cloth
- step back ~ take in & enjoy!
Ok, so I know I talked about the little things I am thankful for, but there is one big thing I want to mention. The people I have met through this space. Bloggers and readers alike. I am so very thankful for all the ways you each enrich my life.
Thank you! xx
read on for the give away
Speaking of my blogging friends, I invite you now to go visit them.
Be sure to stop by French Garden House to have a look around. Come back and tell me your favorite item and you’ll be entered to win the gorgeous collection pictured below.
One more thing before you are off to visit…there is a mom I know who is fighting a battle no one should ever have to fight. If you have a an extra moment send a thought or prayer here.
Ok, so for fun let me know your ‘little thing’ & to enter your favorite thing from French Garden House – GOOD LUCK!