You know I am fond of place cards for holiday dinners. I think they are a little touch that can really elevate a meal and make your guests feel special.
How to Make Christmas Cork Place cards
These simple, but sweet Christmas place cards are made with:
- a 3″ nail & hammer
- a bit of greens
- ribbon or twine
- a small tag
I whipped up a set of 6 in about 15 minutes, so even if you are pressed for time, you can probably find a few minutes to make these before your guests walk through the door. However, unless your party is very small, you may want to get a head start on step 1! Steps:
- drink enough wine to have a cork for each guest;
- using the cork screw hole insert a nail & hammer it gently a few times;
- wiggle the nail around to enlarge the hole;
- insert the bouquet of greens (I used boxwood which has firm stems) into the hole;
- wrap the ribbon or twine (I used red baker’s twine) around the greens;
- add the name tag & tie.
All set & I just hear the bell. You did it!
Your guests will feel very special and they can take their place cards home as a tiny memento of the evening.
Hope you enjoyed my little Christmas place card craft.
Are you getting crafty this Christmas?
** Kelly **