I couldn’t help myself …
Been collecting the empty cardboard rolls since I had the idea – and they were piling up!
So I got started today… on Christmas Tree ornaments, I know…
But if you want to make some too, you’ll have time.
Bet you have what you need for this project on hand. Best kind of project in my opinion is a repurpose /up cycle for which you already have all the stuff!
- empty tp roll
- string, twine or ribbon
- one medium sized bead
- tape & glue
- pinking shears or scissors
- tiny beads or other embellishments
- cut the tp roll the long way
- curl into a cone & tape with strong packing tape
- trim off the bottom cardboard so the cone can stand upright
- there should be a small opening at the top where the string will be threaded thru
- Cut lengths of felt with pinking shears or scissors
- glue felt around cone, overlapping each layer
- let felt dry
- knot a loop of string, ribbon or twine & thread thru the cone
- put bead thru string, ribbon or twine to finish off the top of your tree
- decorate by gluing on tiny beads or with any other embellishment you like
- Put away until Christmas, as we have lots of holidays between now & then!
My plan is to make a bunch of these as they are easy, fun & so versatile.
Today’s TP Christmas Tree is very traditional – a good way to start. Others may be a bit more creative in materials & colors. If you make one, I’d love to see what you come up with.
It is good to get an early start on Christmas projects as the time between now & then flies! This way you won’t have to unravel any rolls to get your supplies.
Plenty of time to collect a bunch.
** Kelly **