Just don’t know if I can.
I know I promised but,
…don’t know if I can give this one away.
It’s become part of the family ~ the family room that is…
I made this drop cloth pillow for friend who is running an auction at her kid’s school – you know, “silent auction” items needed!
She is the kind of friend that you don’t hesitate to say yes to…’cause she would do it, and more for you.
And, she probably wouldn’t try to figure a way to keep the pillow she promised to make you, so I gotta get over it and drop it off at her house!
Alas, I know how to make another one. I’ll tell you in case you want to make one for yourself – or if you have a friend who you can’t say no to who is running a silent auction at school.
Drop Cloth Pillow with welting & fray tutorial
- cut a piece of fabric the size of the insert – the front
- cut another piece the same height but 7 inches wider – the back
- fold the back in half, iron a crease and cut
- turn under 1/4 inch twice on the the shorter sides of the back
- (if you are adding welting & fray jump down to those instructions below now)
- lay the front & back right sides facing & pin ~ overlapping the 2 pieces of the back
- sew all the way around.
- cut off excess fabric & turn right side out
- iron & put in the insert
Welting & Fray:
- snip a bit & then tear a strip of drop cloth about 4 inches wider than your welting
- tear along the grain to get the good kind of fray – you can tell right away if you are tearing the right way
- cold wash & pop that strip in the dryer so the fray loosens up
- iron the strip
- lay frayed strip with welting on top on the front piece of your pillow
- pin and sew with a thread color you will not see (I used black & went down the outer stripes)
- then follow directions above to complete your pillow
I added a little frayed star tag that I picked up at Michael’s. A dozen with the grommet for $4.99. Thought it was a nice touch. These would be cute dangling from a little banner too. I feel another project coming on!
See how easy that is? I can whip up another drop cloth pillow in no time.
Speaking of drop, going to drop it off now, before I get more attached!
** Kelly **