Necessary, practical, useful…
Not the words that come to mind when I think ~ Mother’s Day Gift.
More like luxury, beautiful, whimsical.
Add the words, sweet, handmade & thoughtful and it sums up the project I am sharing with you today.
Embellished Tea bags
Nobody needs embellished tea bags, but that is what makes gifts like these so special!
Taking the time to say I love you in a way a pair of slipper never can.
If you already bought your mom slippers don’t get me wrong, slippers are a great gift and you still have time to make my project too!
Making Embellished Tea bags is easy and open to all sorts of creative interpretation. Love that in a project!
What you need to make tea bags like mine:
- 6 tea bags with strings & labels
- decorative paper ~ adhesive or not
- an old book
- paper flowers
- 1 medium & several small buttons or beads
- a jar
- ribbon, floss or twine
What you need to do:
- cut the decorative paper & glue or adhere to both sides of the tea bag label
- cut small flowers from the old book pages
- glue paper flowers to label
- glue book flower on top of paper flower
- glue a small button or bead in the center
- let dry – curl up edges of the book flower
- for variety, mix up the patterns & make some with hearts
- place tea bags in a jar & tie some ribbon around the top
- make a small tag using the decorative paper & a button
- return the slippers ( I am just KIDDING! )
The adhesive paper & flowers I picked up at Michael’s and had all the rest in my stash.
Grabbed a box of Earl Grey at the market & I was ready to get my crafty on! Love the bergamot scent of Earl Grey, don’t you?
Can you guess the book I pulled the pages from?
That was fun & easy, right? Sweet, handmade, thoughtful, a luxury, beautiful & whimsical ~ just as it should be!
Oh and, tell your mom, she can cut off the embellishment after steeping & re-use for another project!!
Let’s raise our cups & toast to all the Moms out there ~ on earth, in heaven & forever in our hearts.
xx Kelly xx
p.s. If your mom is a coffee drinker get her a French Press – here is how to use one!