I have never seen a pumpkin I didn’t love.
Can’t wait to hit the patch…
Still too hot here for the real deal. Until then, I have a crafty way to fill the need.
My fanciful fabric pumpkins. Making another set today & sharing a fav set with you!
I love making sets of these from fabric scraps, bits & bobs I have on hand & sticks.
Here’s how you can feed your pumpkin fetish along with me:
- 3 circles of fabric 18″, 16″ & 14″ in circumference
- 3 sticks about 8″ – 4″ in length
- Sticky glue
- needle & thread
- poly fill or other filler
- beans or small pebbles optional
I like to lay out lots of decorations that might work & pick & choose as I go along.
The flowers I picked up at Michael’s. The buttons are vintage. The suede strips from a fringed costume vest & the patchwork fabric was a skirt from when the girls were little.
The skirt pattern was too cute. I knew I would use it for something someday. Today is the day. Love to re-purpose as much as I love pumpkins!
- decide on your color theme & motif
- cut the fabric circles
- bast stitch around each circle & gather the fabric into a pouch
- put a handful of pebbles or beans to weigh it down & them fill with poly fill or any filler
- stitch across the gathered opening & knot your thread, leaving just enough space to sink in the stick/stem
- apply glue to one end of the stick & insert in the small opening
- let dry
- repeat for the two other pumpkins
My set found a spot in the family room. What do you think?
Would you like a set of my fabric pumpkins?
I’d like to share this aqua, brown & peachy colored set.
The patterned fabric is vintage as well as the beads on the linen one & the buttons. Lots of detail just like today’s set.
Makes me happy to share my pumpkin love with you ~ Good luck!
Thank you – the give away has ended.
** Kelly **