I don’t do faux.
Never a faux, nail, eye lash or other things…
… like plants!
Not that I am opposed, just don’t. Well, ok ~ I am opposed to faux plants.
But today I did a bit of faux.
How to make Faux Flowering Branches
The branches are real, so just a touch faux.
Faux flowering branches – oh so real looking, oh so relaxing to make and oh so reusable!
I love love love the look of flowering branches, but you need to buy a lot for them to look good, sometimes they don’t flower and they don’t last too long. So I went faux!
The branches are real willow from Michael’s ~ $4.99 a bunch @ 20% off. I bought 3 bunches.
The flowers a handful of left over flowers from my tote wreath & only one extra stem of tiny flowers ~ Michael’s $3.99 @ 50% off.
What you need:
- real branches collected or purchased about 2 1/2 feet tall
- a stem or two of the ‘realist’ looking small faux flowers you can find
- patience while glue dries
What you need to do:
- detach faux flowers from the stem & remove plastic center
- lay out branches
- glue on a small # of flowers to each stem above the vase line
- let dry
- stand back – a little further – yes now they look absolutely real – and admire
Enjoyed going faux, might get a set of nails next week. Who am I kidding, the only nails I get are from the hardware store!
Don’t you love my vase? My dear friend gave it to me.
Try this super easy & fast as your glue dries project for faux flowering branches!
Do you go faux?
** Kelly **