A Frittata is the perfect meal three times over. Breakfast, lunch or dinner and especially perfect made a head for a holiday brunch – a 4th meal!
Frittata is like quiche, but better. Not so heavy or fattening as there is no crust.
This one features sweet potatoes, peppery arugula and goat cheese.
You make it and serve it in one pan, so really, could it be easier?
Frittata with Sweet Potato and Arugula Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups small cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil divided
- 2 cups washed arugula
- half a small sweet onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- whisk together eggs, half & half and salt
- saute’ potatoes in 1 tablespoon oil in a 10 inch cast iron pan or other pan that can go in the oven
- cook potatoes over medium heat for 10 -12 minutes until tender & golden
- remove potatoes from the pan & keep warm
- saute’ the arugula in tablespoon of oil for a minute or two – until wilted
- stir in potatoes
- pour egg mixture evenly over the the veggies & cook 3 minutes
- sprinkle with goat cheese
- bake at 350 degrees for 12- 15 minutes – until set
- cool & serve or cool & refrigerate until ready to eat
Easy to prepare, protein filled comfort food that is ready to eat when you are! That is a perfect meal!
Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt & serve with a side salad.
I almost ate this one all by myself breakfast, lunch & dinner the Sunday I made it. Try to share yours …
** Kelly **