Oh, the plans of moms & bloggers…and mom bloggers.
(me in my head…) “When the girls go back to school I will:”
- be able to post even more!
- make those burlap projects!
- chalk paint the piece in the breakfast room!
- write about the place we discovered in Maui!
- share how I saved so much $ renovating the bathroom!
- maybe start a newsletter!
- …and the list in my head went on & on ~ longer than my garden hose.
The girls went back to school & know what I did?
I went back to bed.
Darn it! You see, I have the nastiest flu. Chills, aches, a cough, headache…worse than I can ever remember.
So nasty that I crawled right back into bed & fell asleep until I had to rush back to school to pick them up. No time with burlap or chalk paint, or my camera or YOU!
So nasty that:
- I have a suitcase from our trip still unpacked in the hall; ( Emmet has made it an alternate bed or is saying “See I fit, take me with you next time!” )
- a pile of laundry that is starting to resemble that mountain I climbed;
- and,…this has never happened, I skipped the volunteer fair at school. All the good slots for art & library help will be taken, but I simply couldn’t.
I just wanted to let you know where I have been & that I have so much to share with you! As soon as I can stop coughing long enough to get going on the list I will be on it! I do feel a bit better today, so maybe even tomorrow…
The thing about getting sick is that when it is over I really do appreciate feeling good. A state I may take for granted sometimes as I buzz through all the lists in my head.
So if you are feeling good today be thankful. If you aren’t, put your “list” on hold and give yourself some TLC.
What makes you feel better when the creepin’ crud overcomes you?
I’ll be back! In the meantime, visit me at The EveryDay Home for my monthly post, Your Garden A-Z.
** Kelly **