You can feel it in the air. Spring is here, well it is here, I am sorry if it is not quite yet there, but it will be soon.
Be ready with some lighter recipes. This post and party will help put some Spring in your kitchen repertoire for sure.
I am sharing one of my favorite Springtime recipes:
Light but substantial with a zesty side dish, this recipe will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites.
My husband who doesn’t go for “just a salad” for dinner, loves this meal. Safe to say, the man is spoiled in the dinner department and he asks for this one. Dare I say, you will love it too!
Let’s get to it, shall we?
Grilled Chicken over Spring Greens with CousCous
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- a mix of Spring greens
- small head of radicchio
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tp salt
- pepper to taste
- pearl ( Israeli ) couscous
- 1/2 an onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 TB olive oil for onion/pepper
- wash lettuce; rinse & pat dry chicken
- cook couscous as per box instruction in water or chicken broth
- chop onion & pepper
- saute’ onion & pepper in a TB of olive oil
- grill chicken ( optional to brush on a bit of bbq sauce )
- while chicken is grilling mince garlic & shallot
- saute’ garlic & shallot in a tp olive oil in a small sauce pan until opaque
- add wine vinegar, rest of olive oil, sugar, salt & pepper to sauce pan & simmer – this is your dressing
- chop or tear radicchio
- arrange greens & radicchio on plates
- mix cooked couscous with onion & pepper – salt to taste
- slice chicken, arrange on the greens with couscous on the side
- drizzle the grilled chicken with the dressing & sprinkle with red onion
Serve warm with crusty bread & a nice dry white wine – a perfect Spring time meal – not just a salad at all!
You have to try Amy from ‘Atta Girl Says’ Grilled Flatbread Pizza. It looks so delicious & fresh! Is that asparagus?
Nothing says Spring like asparagus – ok maybe a few other things, but it is very Springy as veggies go. Keep the grill on I am making one of these!
We have another must try from Marty @ Marty’s Musing – Oreo Dirt Cake!
Marty, Amy & I are hosting this round of the Swing into Spring Link Party. Helping to bring on the much needed & much anticipated Spring of 2014.
Here is the week’s line up…
Join us by linking up your Spring recipes here right now! I will be featuring links throughout the week on my FB page.
** Kelly **