Ten Easy Ways to Make your Home Healthier
1. Remove carpeting. Carpets attract & retain allergens among other air pollutants. At least have carpets cleaned often.
2 Use only cast iron or stainless steel pots & pans. At high temperatures non-stick releases toxic fumes.
3. Do not use air fresheners as they give off toxic chemicals into the air you breathe. Just open the window.
4. Avoid vinyl shower curtains.
5. Use microfiber cloths to clean. The weave grabs & holds the dirt rather than pushing it around.
6. Wash off the fridge handle daily as touching it after touching any raw meats can transfer bacteria.
7. Keep a window or fan on during & for 15 minutes after a shower to reduce condensation which leads to mold.
8. Change your furnace filter about every three months.
9. Add some indoor plants to improve air quality.
10. Wash your hands throughout the day. Will keep everything you touch in your home cleaner & healthier!
Here’s to health & happiness in your home!
** Kelly **