You have heard of kitchen gardens of course.
How about kitchens in the garden…well, more like kitchen utensils in the garden?
This is what happens when you get a group of creative gardeners together & tell them to think out of the box…or shall I say, out of the kitchen!
Out of the kitchen, out of the cupboards & out of the drawers came spoons, cookie cutters, plates, salt shakers, cake tins & more.
Re-purposed into flowers, garden markers, rain chains, garden signs, planters and vases.
I created a garden sign made with cookie cutters & scraps of chain, wood & string.
Want to make one?
Here’s what you need:
- a small long rectangle of wood
- a piece of chain or rope/twine
- 2 small closed circle hooks with screw threads on the bottom (you know what I mean, but what the heck are they called? ~ here is a little pic)
- paint for the wood & lettering
- small paint brush for the lettering
- 3 cookie cutters ~ preferably garden themed
- silicone glue
What you need to do:
- spray paint or otherwise paint the wood
- whether using chain or rope/twine find the center of the wood plank & measures 3 inches to either side, mark with pencil
- screw in each hook and eye on the marks by hand or tap gently with a hammer & then screw in by hand
- attach the chain or rope to the hooks ( I tied the string thru hook & chain to attach )
- write your saying in pencil, spacing evenly on the plank
- with a steady hand paint on the letters ( you can also use stencils..I wanted the free hand look )
- let dry
- space cookie cutters evenly & attach with glue
- let dry over night & hang
Pop on over to see my friends “The Garden Charmers” and what each of them has re-purposed from the kitchen to the garden.
I’ll be in the garden,
** Kelly **