Ain’t no mountain high enough….
to keep me from getting to a moist pound cake.
A loaf, a bundt, a round, a slice…never met one I didn’t like.
But this one I especially love…my Lemon Yoghurt Pound Cake – moist, zesty and delicious.
Pound cakes are the plain janes of the dessert world, but that is what makes them so versatile – a blank canvas or shall I say, blank cake, to which you can add what you like.
To this one I added Mountain High Plain Yoghurt & lemon. Coupon here!
The combination of the tangy yoghurt & zesty lemon make this plain pound cake one to turn heads.
Mountain High has been in the yoghurt business since 1976. Turning out container after container of simple healthy food, made in the old world tradition. This is why they spell yogurt with an “h”. It is European spelling and theirs’ is a European method.
Want to make this cake? – believe me, you do!
Lemon Yoghurt Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Mountain High plain yoghurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Lemon Yoghurt Pound Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease & flour an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl
- In another big bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest & vanilla
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter making sure it is all incorporated
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean
- Let cool & sprinkle with confectioner sugar, if you’d like
I am enjoying more than my fair share of slices with Mountain High Vanilla Yoghurt on the side, a sprinkling of lemon zest & blueberries.
On a less fancy note, I am also enjoying grabbing hunks to eat as I walk by the kitchen counter. It calls to me & I am powerless in the face of pound cake!!
By the time you get here this one will be long gone, so you will have to make your own. Here is a coupon for $ off Mountain High to get you started.
Mountain High is of course delicious on its own so get the coupon & pick up a few containers.
Oh no, I hear that “pounding“again – one more bite!
** Kelly **
Mountain High was kind enough to sponsor this post, but my opinion about their yoghurt, recipe & weakness for pound cake are all my own. Thanks for the opportunity & coupon Mountain High!