When you want to get crafty sorta spur of the moment, I have the perfect project for you.
My Wire Hanger Heart Wreath – aka Heart on a Wire…
No trips to the craft store needed for this repurpose project. You’ll likely have all you need on hand.
How to Make a Wire Hanger Heart Wreath
What you need:
- a wire hanger
- wire cutters
- needle nose pliers to make the loop
- a strip of fabric about 90″ long & 2.5 wide
What you need to do:
1. Untwist the top of your hanger & bend in half with the rounded top as extra.
2. Shape the two ends into the top of the heart.
3. Press the two sides together to check for symmetry. Does not need to be perfect as the fabric will cover it.
4. Cut off the top of the hanger ( the part that sits on the rod ) leaving an inch to make a small loop with your pliers.
5. Lay out your fabric strip…fold it in half the long way.
6. Sew a seam down the length of your fabric so the wire can slide inside it. You can have frayed seams or fold under to create a uniform edge.
7. Thread the wire into the fabric tube & scrunch it as you do.
8. Twist the ends of the wires together with the pliers.
9. Using the pliers, twist the extra inch of wire up to form a small loop ~ the loop will be where you attach ribbon or such for hanging and/or the embellishments;
10. Now the fun really starts ~ decorate your heart! Use ribbon, novelties, flowers… Fill your ‘heart ‘with things you love!
I used burlap, linen, a metal tassel that came off a yard sale shelf & a shell.
Do you have a favorite repurpose craft project? Do share – I love a good repurpose!
** Kelly **
p.s. if you liked this project you might like my Lavender Bath Salts repurpose too. (repurposed the bottles not the salts of course! )