Tis the season ~ you’ve been invited to a holiday party!
But before you start planning yet another fabulous outfit, you’ll need a holiday recipe…
You graciously asked & they appreciatively said yes…so you need to bring along an appetizer.
No fear, no pigs in a blanket, no spilling stuff on that fab outfit while driving over.
None of that ’cause – there is Mezzetta!
The Napa Valley Mezzetta family has produced deliciousness since 1935.
Here is my foolproof, crowd pleasing, easy to make & transport holiday recipe that is so simple you could even make it last minute while wearing that fabulous outfit.
Here’s what you need:
- Mezzetta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- small pita bread rounds or circles cut from a flat bread
- Mezzetta Roasted & Marinated Red Pepper
- feta cheese
- Mezzetta Pitted Kalamata Olives
- Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncini
Here’s what you do:
- find small flat bread rounds or cut them (the Mezzetta jar top is the perfect size & tool- just give one a good wash & push down)
- set the rounds on a large cookie sheet
- swirl a 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil on each round
- firmly press on some feta cheese
- arrange the red peppers (I use the Mezzetta sandwich cut peppers as they are a perfect size)
- chop the olives & put on top of the peppers
- top with a bit of finely diced peperoncini
- bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the rounds are golden on the edges & the feta melts a bit
Stock up on Mezzetta products for holiday recipes or for any time of year.
The roasted peppers are zesty tossed on pasta or atop a pizza.
Jars of the olives are wonderful have on hand if someone stops by unexpectedly. Slide some into a pretty bowl, offer up a glass of wine & you are the hostess with it all going on. A note on the olives, they are really wonderful. You see, I am a bit of a California olive snob. I was wowed by the texture & taste of the Mezzetta olives.
Now you have a perfect holiday party appetizer in your bag of tricks, that isn’t tricky at all. Hope you do try my easy & elegant Mezzetta Mediterranean Rounds.
To encourage you to do just that, and to try lots of other Mezzetta products, enter to win a Mezzetta gift basket.
There are 31 winners a day so your chances are good! Have a look here to see what the basket contains and to get a coupon for Mezzetta products.
Ok, so now that you have the perfect holiday recipe sorted let’s find the perfect shoes…
** Kelly **
Thanks to Mezzetta for sponsoring my Mezzetta recipe and making my party going a bit easier. The products are theirs, the opinion & recipe all mine, of course!