We LOVE Halloween here at My Soulful Home.
This year we will have just moved into our new/old house, which seems like it will be perfect for the occasion .
Afterall, there is truly a skeleton in the basement already. We can drag her up to the porch & take it from there.
Sharing a well loved Halloween project today. My girls love making them, my Girl Scout Troops loved making them and so will you & yours.
This year instead of just unwrapping candy, how about wrapping a Mummy Candle?
My crew always enjoys a craft after making the trick or treat rounds. This one is a snap or actually a wrap to make.
How to Make a Mummy Candle
- inexpensive ginger jar candle (mine was $3.99)
- rolled gauze or cheese cloth
- black felt
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 buttons
- remove label from the candle (submerge in a larger container of water & let soak – peel off )
- wrap the gauze or cheesecloth around the candle overlapping a bit & secure with glue in several spots
- let glue dry
- choose buttons to go under the googly eyes
- glue eyes to buttons & let dry
- cut felt into 6 strips – about .5 inch long & .25 inch thick
- glue eyes on tucking them under the gauze or cheese cloth just a bit
- glue on XXX for mouth
I tricked mine out with a bit of chain twined with a ripped length of white cotton.
The red translucent buttons look like they are glowing when it is lit. Bonus!
My mummy candle project is an easy fun repurpose for all ages. If you have little or big goblins coming by this Halloween set the supplies out on the table & let them have at it.
What are you going to be on the 31st ?
** Kelly **