Today I want to share one of my “hang ups”~ literally a hang up. I adore plates hanging on the wall. Do you? If you do, or if you will after reading this post, I have the best product to use to get those plates out of the cupboards & on display.
I use the U.K.’s Leeds Display adhesive discs to affix my plates to the wall. These discs stick to your lovelies with no muss or fuss and are even removable!
The discs come in a variety of sizes depending on the dimensions of your plate. I score mine at the Container Store. If there isn’t one near you, another company offers very similar ones on line at www.allplatehangers.com. The cost ranges from about $3.50 -$5.50 per depending on the size of your plate.
No matter how many I buy I always need another, so I stock up ~ as you can see. Currently, I am in the midst of covering one wall of my downstairs bath with plates, so my need for these discs is unending. Such a bummer to come home from treasure hunting with a “new” plate for the collection only to be out of Leeds discs! Good to have a stash on hand.
See how nicely that plate hangs without the distraction of the wires around the bottom & top. Lovely! So easy to use too.
- find a plate you love, be it chippy vintage perfection with crazing & crackling as I adore or any pattern you love;
- measure the plate to make sure you are using the correct size disc;
- turn the plate over & use a pinch of scouring powder to clean the back where the disc will be placed, wipe clean & dry;
- align the plate so the disc’s hook is placed correctly according to the plate’s pattern ( using the above photo as an example – make sure you aren’t adhering the disc with the strawberries upside down);
- wet your fingers with water & mix with the glue on back of the disc;
- let the glue on the back of the disc get tacky~about 5 minutes
- check your alignment & attach the disc to the plate smoothing out the disc with a flat edged coin or bottom of a pen;
- allow to set for 12 hours.
*A tip ~ attach the disc as low as possible on the plate in order that the nail/hook are not seen at all once on the wall.
The foyer of my soulful home complete with a collection of vintage plates.
Thanks so much for subscribing to & visiting My Soulful Home. A comment or two would cheer me up. I am still feeling a bit ‘Downton’ today. Oh, I mean down ~ about Matthew. How about you?
* Kelly *
p.s. I received nothing in return for promoting Leed’s Display or allplatehangers.com. I made this endorsement as I use & like the product.