Foster Farms is sponsoring this post, but I bought only their chicken even before they were nice enough to do that.
Little did Verda & Max Foster know when they began raising birds in 1939, that a blogger in California would be creating a recipe around their chicken in 2015 and sending it out over the internet. What would they say to that?!
Foster Farms has been in operation for 76 years and is still a family business now run by Ron, their grandson.
Verda, from one female entrepreneur to another, this one is for you!
Pumpkin Marinated Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 & 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of crumbled bacon ( optional )
- place chicken in dish & season with salt & pepper
- in a medium bowl mix together 1 cup of the puree & all other ingredients
- reserve a 1/4 cup of the mixture in a small bowl and mix in the remaining 1/2 cup puree – salt to taste
- pour mixture from medium bowl over chicken, cover & marinate for 8 hours or overnight
- grill or broil chicken basting with marinade
- warm the small reserve bowl of thicker marinade to top the chicken before serving
- after topping chicken crumble on some bacon & serve
When I moved to California 11 years ago, I first purchased Foster Farms products. Since that first trip to the market, I was sold on the quality of Foster Farms.
Foster Farms Simply Raised ( without antibiotics ), like all Foster Farms fresh chicken, is American Humane Certified.
It is truly quality & freshness you can taste, as the chicken sold in California is all locally grown and shipped with 48 hours.
Locally grown & produced is important to me that is why I visit the local farmer’s market weekly and one of the reasons I choose Foster Farms.
We eat a lot of chicken ~ so need many different sorts of preparations.
I really enjoy this recipe. The pumpkin hints at the season, the cumin gives it some depth. I also like the play of sweet & spicy from the honey, syrup & pepper flakes.
Try the recipe and let me know what you think…
And if you live where Foster Farms is sold definitely put a package in your cart next time you are at the market.
** Kelly **
Foster Farms sponsored this post. My opinions, shopping habits & recipe are all mine.