January around here is one big birthday bash, so no post holiday dieting.
We are making cakes, slicing cakes & eating cakes till almost February.
We even surprised Emmett with a cake this year. (…doesn’t he look surprised!?)
Lara & I whipped up a batch of ‘pupcakes’ to celebrate his 2nd birthday.
He loved them…and so will your doggies.
Here’s how you can treat your furry pal on his/her birthday, Valentine’s Day or any time.
Ingredients for pupcake batter:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
Ingredients for pupcake icing:
- 4 oz soften cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a few slices of bacon cooked & crumbled
- Pre-heat to 350 degrees
- coat mini or regular cupcake tins with cooking spray or use liners
- combine peanut butter, oil, vanilla, honey & eggs – beat till smooth
- fold in the flour & baking soda
- fold in the carrots
- fill tins & bake until a tooth pick comes out clean
- while cooling make the icing
- whip the cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth
- add the flour & honey & mix together
- crumble the bacon
- spread on the icing
- sprinkle on crumbled bacon
Light the candles, sing the song, put that cake on the floor… it is party time for your pup!!
We made 20 mini sized pupcakes. Using a regular sized cupcake tin you will get about 8 – 10. So plan your four legged guest list accordingly!
Emmett loved his birthday surprise. He licked the plate clean & was looking for more. We convinced him to share with the neighbor dogs & have frozen several for another day.
What special treat does your pooch love?
** Kelly **