Simple can be special…
a diamond solitaire,
the little back dress,
a single rose.
Same goes with food – no need for fancy time consuming recipes for a meal to be special.
A simple dish made from quality ingredients will satisfy, impress and leave time for the cook to relax & enjoy too.
Keep reading to enter the $500 grocery card give away at the end of the post
Simple yet Special Pasta Night in 20 minutes
You are probably the cook, huh? So listen up ~ this delicious meal can be prepared in 20 minutes or less.
We put a lot of effort into everyday. We don’t have to do that for every meal to make dinner time special.
Here are my tips for a special pasta night in 20 minutes or less.
- light a candle
- use cloth napkins
- choose a high quality pasta sauce like Mezzetta
- buy triple washed arugula
- choose small grape tomatoes
- keep a few sliced baguettes in the freezer
- always have dried pasta, olive oil, parmesan cheese, fresh garlic & sea salt on hand
With Mezzetta sauces, salad and those few items in your pantry you are ready ~ set ~ go for a 20 minute special meal anytime.
Ok, set the timer here goes:
- pre-heat oven to roast 400 degrees
- slice the top 1/4 off 2 or more heads of garlic
- place garlic cut side up in oven
- put a pot of salted water on to boil
- remove baguette from the freezer put slices in foil
- put foiled baguette on the lower oven rack
- place arugula on salad plates with some tomatoes
- place pasta in boiling water
- use veggie peeler to shave small slices of parmesan cheese on to salads
- drizzle olive oil on salad & sprinkle with sea salt
- heat Mezzetta sauce in microwave covered until piping hot
- drain pasta
- plate pasta & pour on the sauce
- remove garlic & bread from the oven
Think that was 18 minutes! More time to relax. More time to spend time with the people you made the meal for and…you are a hero without the need for the usual extraordinary efforts. Now that is a special meal!
My favorite Mezzetta sauce is the roasted garlic & caramelized onions. Spreading the buttery roasted garlic on the crusty baguette and dipping it into this sauce is so delish. With all the garlic no vampires lurk about My Soulful Home.
Special and free is even better, so enter here for your chance to win the Mezzetta Give Away – $500 grocery gift card, jars of Mezzetta sauces, kitchen items and more. There are runner up prizes too. Just pop over here for your chance to win!
Mezzetta has sponsored this post giving me the opportunity to give one of you $500 for groceries and other prizes. I appreciate that, but it hasn’t made me a Mezzetta fan. I already was! The quality and taste of their sauces makes me buy them & want to share them with you. Give Mezzetta sauces a try. I think you will agree.
Good luck and what are you going to do with all that extra time you have on Mezzetta pasta nights?
** Kelly **