What heralds Spring for you?
Crocus pushing up, baby birds being born, day light savings?
All that for me …. and a special delivery.
The delivery of Girl Scout cookies!
Having been a leader for the last 8 years, maybe I am more in tune than others with this hallmark of the change of season, but I don’t think so.
People start asking “when” in late January. Orders are taken in February and right about the beginning of March the delivery begins.
Such joy brought right to your door by a cutie pie in a uniform. Joy for the one boxers to the case of “thin mint” hoarders.
Speaking of Thin Mints – we have a whole lot of them again this year, so my Scout, Lara, & I came up with a new way to enjoy them.
The Troop 4091 Thin Mint Sundae!
An easy & sorta sophisticated way to enjoy some of your Thin Mint stash.
Lara & I used ramekins, but you can use parfait glasses or small bowls.
- Thin Mint cookies
- ice cream – we used vanilla & chocolate
- whipped cream
- fresh mint
- chocolate shavings
- crush the Thin Mints using the back of a spoon or kitchen mallet
- while crushing, thaw the ice cream for a bit
- line the bottom of your ramekins with the cookie crumbs
- scoop ice cream over the crumbs & flatten with the back of a spoon
- sprinkle on 2nd layer of cookie crumbs
- add another layer of ice cream & smooth
- put filled ramekin in the freezer for a bit
- with a paring knife shave the chocolate off 2 Thin Mints front & back
- take ramekins from freezer – add dollop of whipped cream
- sprinkle with shaved chocolate
- put back in freezer until ready to serve
- remove, garnish with fresh mint sprigs
For those of you who haven’t stocked up on GS cookies, yet you can usually find a troop doing a brisk business outside your local market.
We strategically host a sidewalk sale in late March when everyone’s annual stash has almost run out. We could probably sell the boxes then for twice the price. But we don’t – We are Girl Scouts after all!
This post is part of a very big Spring link party hosted by the Scoop.
Link up your Spring posts. Each link will show up on all 35 blogs!
I encourage you to take the time to link up & visit the blogs taking part in this party. Thirty five blogs – 35 ways to enjoy Spring & hundreds of links.
You know what the GS’s say “make new friends, but keep the old”. So visit your favorites & some new blogs too!
** Kelly **