I promised you this Tea Stained Tag tutorial … & since I made you wait a bit, I have…
a present to give you!
Enter to win a set of 10 finished tags, a crown stamp & 10 more tags so you can make another set.
You good with that?
If you are new here maybe you don’t know I promised to show you how to make tea stained tags.
Well, I did ~ here. They are pretty, I can see why you wanted to know.
Pretty and super easy to make.
Tea Stained Tags tutorial
This is what you need:
- a box of large shipping tags (Staples $8.99 for 500 & come in smaller packages)
- a stamp pad
- a stamp
- tea bags & water
- a large pitcher
This is what you need to do:
- brew up some strong tea in a pitcher with cold water, 5 or so tea bags
- let the tea steep in the sun for an hour
- while the tea is getting strong, fold 1/4 of an inch up from the bottom of the tags
- crease & tear – this is optional, but gives a nice fray
- put 5 or so frayed tags in the pitcher of tea
- stir gently occasionally – making sure they don’t stick together – let sit for several hours
- remove tags when they are stained to your liking
- lay flat on a cookie sheet to dry – flip once
- when dry stamp
I love my crown stamp and I bet you do too ~ so I got another one for this give away!
All you need to do to enter is pop over to my re-purpose projects section – click ‘projects’ at the top of my blog- and that category will pop up.
Have a peek around and tell me your favorite repurposed project in a comment. These tags were originally seen on one of my favorites.
Glad I made good on my promise of a Tea Stained Tag tutorial ( say that 3 times fast!! ) and good luck in the give away!
** Kelly **
Winner will be selected by random by the computer & notified by email. Give away runs one week.