We are going French Press at My Soulful Home.
A French Press is the classic coffee maker, also known as a”plunge pot”. (Ok, there is all the evidence you need on the power of words. ~ which would you rather use a French Press” or a “Plunge Pot”?)
Yes, pretty much anything with French in the name sounds appealing.
And with its simple lines, the French Press looks appealing
The brew make the taste very appealing.
So what have we been waiting for?
I definitely would have one on the counter (see there is room to the right of the sink & left of the vintage bone chart ) in my fantasy pied a terre’. Why not here in Cali?
French style & quality caffeine, let’s learn how to use it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- a French Press
- coarsely ground coffee
- TB spoon
- hot water
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Pull plunger out of the pot
- Put 2 rounded TB spoon of coffee in the bottom for each 8 oz cup
- Pour correct amount of hot ( not boiling ) water into the pot
- Stir brew gently
- Place plunger on top of the pot
- wait a few minutes
- Push plunger into the pot firmly, but gently ~ there should be some resistance
- Pour & enjoy!
Those are the basics, French Press 101 if you will.
The Stump Town Coffee crew, local LA roasters, would add these details to elevate your FP brew:
- Pre-heat your mug & pot with a swirl of boiling water
- After putting in the coffee soak the grounds for a minute or so, then add the rest of the water
- Let the brew steep for 4 minutes exactly
- Plunge gently & pour
- If you aren’t drinking it all right away, decant it so it doesn’t continue to extract.
I would add:
- A freshly baked warm croissant
- a copy of Le Monde
- a vintage silk robe
- a scratchy Edith Piaf record playing softly
Those last bits are strictly optional of course.
There is a bit more effort to making coffee with a French Press, even if you leave out putting on Edith Piaf, but your efforts are rewarded with superior taste …and style!
How to do make coffee?
** Kelly **