Got little Ghouls & Goblins coming over on Halloween?
Instead of just unwrapping candy, how about wrapping up a Mummy Candle? My crew always enjoys a craft after making the trick or treat rounds & this one is a snap or actually a ‘wrap’ to make.
How to Make a Mummy Candle
- inexpensive ginger jar candle (mine was $3.99 )
- rolled gauze or cheese cloth
- black felt
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 buttons
- remove label from the candle (do this beforehand so the kids can get right to the decorating)
- wrap the gauze or cheesecloth around the candle & secure with glue in several spots
- let glue dry
- choose buttons to go under the googly eyes
- glue eyes to buttons & let dry
- cut felt into 6 strips – about .5 inch long & .25 inch thick
- glue eyes on tucking them under the gauze or cheese cloth just a bit
- glue on XXX for mouth
Here is the before & after candle make over…(’cause I know you all LOVE a good B & A! )
Wow…now wasn’t that easy?
I tricked mine out with a bit of chain twined with a ripped length of white cotton. The red translucent buttons look like they are glowing when it is lit.
Great craft for kids, fun hostess gift or just for your decor. Can’t believe October is almost over…can you?
Have a safe & fun filled Halloween!
** Kelly **