My family is soooo cheesy!
Completely & utterly…or would that be “udderly”?
Sliced, crumbled, cubed, grated, melted…they take cheese however they can get it.
Love it all, but the king of cheese in our house is Parmesan.
Since they love it so much, I find ways to work parmesan into many recipes.
Such as this crowd pleaser, Parmesan Encrusted Chicken with arugula.
( keep reading to enter a BIG cheese of a give away – hint…Empire State, “give my regards to….”, dinner and $$ to burn! )
Parmesan Encrusted Chicken with arugula
Even a moderate fromage’ fan will enjoy this recipe. The cheese coating keeps the chicken so moist and tender.
I serve it with a rice pilaf or couscous. The carb conscious amongst us will be very happy with simply the chicken & arugula salad.
Do make sure to freshly grate and use a quality cheese, like Stella parmesan. Doing so makes all the difference.
This recipe takes under 15 minutes to prep and about the same time to cook depending on your oven.
What you need:
- two tablespoons Dijon mustard
- two tablespoons extra virgin oil oil
- one teaspoon fresh thyme
- four 6 oz skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- four cups packed arugula leaves
- one cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper
What you do:
- preheat to 475 degrees
- in a small bowl mix one tablespoon of the mustard with one tablespoon of the olive oil & all the thyme
- season chicken with salt & pepper & coat top side with mustard mixture
- Pat grated parmesan over the mustard mixture on each breast
- transfer chicken to a rimmed baking dish or re-usable foil pan
- bake the chicken for about 15 minutes – until just cooked thru & nicely browned
- while the chicken is baking…
- in a large bowl combine the remaining tablespoons of mustard & oil
- add the arugula & tomatoes to the large bowl, season with salt & pepper & toss to coat
- spoon salad onto plates & top with chicken
Ok, so over dinner plan your trip to NEW YORK CITY ( my hometown ).
Yup, just for eating cheese & clicking here you could be headed to the Big Apple ( apples & cheese a great combo ) for three days & 2 nights! While there, enjoy $500 mad money, dinner for two & two tickets to a Broadway show.
Truly, just click here to enter!
click here to enter
This BIG give away is made possible by Stella cheese. The Stella family has been creating stellar cheeses since 1923. It is my go to brand. You can find Stella cheeses at your local market.
I can’t enter, but YOU can. Hey, if you win & bring me along! I will take you to all my favorite spots, including some out of the way vintage markets. Just saying…I know my way around that town and I could be your guide.
Me aside, enter…you can enter everyday even.
When you win, make my chicken for your family to eat while you are in New York. It re-heats well.
Stella makes darn good cheese and is very generous too, don’t you think? They sponsored this post so I can give you my recipe and a chance to win the trip to NYC. All my opinions about their wonderful cheeses are my own, as are my favorite spots in NYC.
Good cheese & good luck,
** Kelly **
p.s. more really great “cheesy” recipes here.