I needed quick easy nibbles to bring to a cocktail party.
A foodie friend suggested Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Cashews.
Checked out the recipe…Ina lifted that one (with full credit) from the Union Square Cafe’.
A spot where I downed many a handful of those same nuts back in my NYC days. Those nuts were good and dinner there was expensive, so I’d have another handful!
I always wanted more…more nuts yes, but also more good stuff on those nuts.
So here is my tweaked ( better, if I do say so myself ) version of the Union Square Cafe’ Rosemary Roasted Cashews.
Funny how life circles back around…
I never would have guessed while chomping on those nuts, in my lawyer suit after work in NYC, that one day I would be blogging about tweaking the recipe in my PJ’s from my house in Cali. Who knew?!
On to the nuts:
- 1.5 lbs roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 TB spoons brown sugar
- 2 TB spoons sea salt ~ (Maldon is my choice)
- 1 TB butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 TB chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 light swirl of olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- spread nuts on a baking pan & warm for 5 minutes
- in a large bowl mix sugar, salt, pepper
- add warmed nuts to bowl
- add butter to the bowl & gently stir coating
- add chopped rosemary
- add light swirl of olive oil
- gently stir & let cool
These are so delicious with lots of sweet, savory, rosemary & a little kick in each bite!
Four important tips:
- Do not over bake the cashews – just warm them.
- to “chop” the rosemary hold a sprig over the bowl & cut with a scissor cutting closer to the wood stem each time.
- let the mixture sit overnight in an air tight container – melding is good!
- do not even bother making these with out FRESH rosemary, ok?
Rosemary cashews are a great cocktail party nibble or a lovely hostess gift when presented in a little jar. I just filled one up, topped with some craft paper, string & a bit of fresh rosemary. Sweet, huh?
You have any little taste sensations to share?
** Kelly **