I could eat a whole loaf of a quick bread in one day.
Start in the morning ~ a slice with tea. And maybe, one more cup & another thin slice.
Then about 11 am maybe just a few bites – then you need to tidy up the cut edge a bit.
Well, around about 4 pm…maybe one more cup of tea ~ and a slice.
And quick breads are delicious with a glass of wine about 9 pm.
Then, there is none…
If I am going to lose all self control over a warm, moist cake it best have some nutritional value.
That is why any quick bread I make is a ~ Protein Quick Bread.
Two scoops of protein powder mixed into the batter makes all those slices work for me not against me.
Below is the recipe for my new summer time protein quick bread.
Strawberry Banana Protein Quick Bread Recipe
Makes two 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch loaves.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (try my favorite vanilla ~ it’s a game changer)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 & 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 scoops or heaping tablespoons of vanilla protein powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease & lightly flour pans if necessary
- In a large bowl cream the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer & gradually add in the sugar ~ beat well
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture, beating well after each
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda & salt
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture ~ mix until just combined
- Add the vanilla & mashed bananas mixing on low speed
- Fold in the chopped strawberries
- Fill the prepared pans about 2/3 or a bit more with the batter
- Bake for one hour – check at the 45 minute mark, if getting too brown cover loosely with tin foil
- Test for doneness with a cake tester or wooden chopstick – comes out clean = done
- Let loaves cool completely before removing from pans
Now enjoy – delicious almost guilt free carbs morning noon & night. But maybe not all in the same day!
My strawberries ~ homegrown from Monrovia plants
My ( beloved ) mixer ~ Kitchen Aid Standing Mixer in red
My vanilla ( a game changer ingredient ) ~ Nielsen Massey Vanilla
My protein powder ~ Orgain Organic Meal
My pans ~ Non-stick loaf pans
** Kelly **
…this post contains some affiliate links to the products I use. If you were to buy any of them I would get a
pittance a very small fee. You don’t pay anymore. Just wanted to let you know 🙂