“Best stuff EVER!”…
“Nothing like it, I got amazing results!”…
“Can’t start a season without it!”…
Nope, not super models chatting about expensive creams & potions.
Gardeners gushing about worm poop.
Yup, worm poop, aka worm castings.
If you want a better garden use worm castings – easy as that!
Worm Castings Improve your Garden
Worm Castings are the richest natural fertilizer available.
Unlike animal manure and artificial fertilizers, worm castings are absorbed easily & immediately by your plants.
This is how Worm Castings Improve your Garden:
- Stimulate plant growth more than any other natural product;
- inhibit root disease;
- enhance ability of the soil to retain water;
- encourage microbial life in soil.
Worm castings contain highly active biological mix of bacteria, enzymes, remnants of plant matter & earth worm cocoons.
They are rich in water soluble plant nutrients and packed with minerals such as: nitrates, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, calcium and more.
Slow release so no risk of burning your plants and odor-less ~ you can’t do much better for your garden than to amend with worm castings regularly.
Spring is a perfect time to incorporate worm castings into your garden. Here’s how you can do just that:
- Add 1 – 3 tablespoons of castings to your existing container pots. Apply at the base of the plants and scratch into the soil.
- For new container pots mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup with your potting soil.
- New bedding plants will benefit from 1 – 3 tablespoons per hole.
- Existing beds can be amended with 1 pound per square foot – spread evenly & work it into the soil.
- For seeds use 2 parts soil to 1 part castings and plant seeds in packs or small cups.
- Seeds that are directly sowed can be sprinkled with castings & scratched in beneath the surface.
- Lawns can be top dressed with castings by hand or with a spreader. An even light dusting with do the trick.
Apply the castings as detailed above, water in and in no time you’ll see that the the worm castings improve your garden.
Remember with worm castings a little goes a long way and like fine wine, aged castings are the best.
So many of you tell me you want to be better gardeners ~ If you are one of those people, two words – worm castings.
I will be spreading many pounds of worm casting all over my garden, containers, lawn AND working it into my new raised beds. Do I show you my raised beds?
You will be seeing more of these in the weeks to come.
Now go ahead spread the ‘love’ to your plants and get ready to have your best garden ever!
Did you read my Compost 101 post – required reading for those wanting to be better gardeners.
Can’t wait another minute to stock up on worm poop or can’t find bags at your local nursery?
Get worm castings right here right now. Click: WORM CASTINGS.
** Kelly **
This post contains affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My participation in no way increases the cost of any product to you.